Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Call, write, call, write, call, write...

Please. In the next few days--and before Tuesday.

Call, write, call, write, call, write....

Today I've spoken with staff members from Governor Patrick's office, from Senator Tarr's office, from Representative Ann-Margaret Ferrante's office and from Commissioner Chester's office. All staff members encouraged calls and e-mails--though I recommend focusing efforts on the Governor's office and the Board of Education as Senator Tarr and Representative Ferrante are already taking action.

First I called Governor Deval Patrick. I have sent two e-mails in the past that have not been answered. His staff representative was able to look up my name and see the status of my e-mail. It is *being considered.* I got a kick out of this. He encouraged more calls from Gloucester and assured me that our messages would be passed on. Let's make his day/week and rock his world by calling, calling, calling. And writing, writing, writing.

Massachusetts State House
Office of the Governor
Office of the Lt. Governor
Room 360
Boston, MA 02133

Phone: 617.725.4005
888.870.7770 (in state)
Fax: 617.727.9725

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=gov3utilities&sid=Agov3&U=Agov3_contact_us

Next I called Commissioner Chester's office. JC is the spokesman for the Board. He suggested sending e-mails with testimony to this address:

E-mail: boe@doe.mass.edu

If you want to call or write:

Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148
Phone: 781-338-3102
Fax: 781-338-3770

Also, letters can be sent to individual Board members. Addresses at website:

http://www.doe.mass.edu/boe/edboard.html

Next, I called State Senator Bruce Tarr to ask that he make noise about opposing a charter school in Gloucester. His staff representative told me about a letter that Senator Tarr wrote yesterday in which he again states his opposition to the school. Please call or write and let Senator Tarr know how you feel.

State House
Room 313-A
Boston, MA 02133
Telephone: (617) 722-1600

Bruce.Tarr@state.ma.us

And finally, I called Representative Ann-Margaret Ferrante.

617-722-2425

I spoke with her aide who encouraged calls to the Governor and to the Board.

A phone call only takes a few minutes and you'll get a live person (a pleasantly live person) on the other end of the phone line.

I appreciate all that you are doing.

Jane Cunningham

No comments:

Post a Comment